Welcome to our online Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
You will gain a fundamental understanding of the Excel environment and the ability to complete tasks independently. Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Essentials will help learners know and demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Excel 2016. You will learn how to create and edit a workbook with multiple sheets, and use a graphic element to represent data visually. Workbook examples include professional-looking budgets, financial statements, team performance charts, sales invoices, and data-entry logs.
Online Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Estimated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 4 hours
Course format – Online (24/7 access)
Entry requirements – no prerequisites required
Assessment type – Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification – Downloadable CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Course access – Part-time (1-year access)
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Aims and objectives
The online Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course is designed for both students who are interested in gaining a broad knowledge of the Excel 2016 application and for experienced word users who wish to undertake a refresher course.
This online MS Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course follows the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) syllabus, and more, and is the ideal study guide for those wishing to gain the industry-recognised MOS certification.
On completion of this Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course, learners will gain a fundamental understanding of the Excel environment and the ability to complete tasks independently. Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Essentials will help learners know and demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Excel 2016.
Learners will create and edit a workbook with multiple sheets and use a graphic element to represent data visually. Workbook examples include professional-looking budgets, financial statements, team performance charts, sales invoices, and data-entry logs.
Module One: Create and Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
- Create Worksheets and Workbooks
- Create a workbook
- Import data from a delimited text file
- Add a worksheet to an existing workbook
- Copy and move a worksheet
- Navigate in Worksheets and Workbooks
- Search for data within a workbook
- Navigate to a named cell, range, or workbook element
- Insert and remove hyperlinks
- Format Worksheets and Workbooks
- Change worksheet tab colour
- Rename a worksheet
- Change worksheet order
- Modify page setup
- Insert and delete columns or rows
- Change Workbook themes
- Adjust row height and column width
- Insert headers and footers
- Customise Options and Views for Worksheets and Workbooks
- Hide or unhide worksheets
- Hide or unhide columns and rows
- Customise the Quick Access toolbar
- Change workbook views
- Change window views
- Modify document properties
- Change magnification by using zoom tools
- Display formulas
- Configure Worksheets and Workbooks for Distribution
- Set a print area
- Save workbooks in alternative file formats
- Print all or part of a workbook
- Set print scaling
- Display repeating row and column titles on multiple worksheets
- Inspect a workbook for hidden properties or personal information
- Inspect a workbook for accessibility issues
- Inspect a workbook for compatibility issues
Module Two: Manage Data Cells and Ranges
Module Three: Create tables
- Create and manage tables
- Create an Excel table from a cell range
- Convert a table to a cell range
- Add or remove table rows and columns
- Manage table styles and options
- Apply styles to tables
- Configure table style options
- Insert total rows
- Filter and sort a table
- Filter records
- Sort data by multiple columns
- Change sort order
- Remove duplicate records
Module Four: Perform operations with formulas and functions
Module Five: Create charts and objects
- Create charts
- Create a new chart
- Add additional data series
- Switch between rows and columns in source data
- Analyse data by using Quick Analysis
- Format graphic elements
- Resize charts
- Add and modify chart elements
- Apply chart layouts and styles
- Move charts to a chart sheet
- Insert and format objects
- Insert text boxes and shapes
- Insert imagesModify object properties
- Add alternative text to objects for accessibility.
How do I book for the online MS Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course?
You can book for the MS Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order your MS Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course online. Follow the instructions to complete the order.
Once you complete your Excel 2016 Essentials online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to your MS Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course online and login details. You should then be able to access your online MS Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course portal immediately and complete your online training modules.
Why is this MS Office Excel 2016 Essentials training course relevant?
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is increasingly important in today’s competitive business environment and, whether you are currently employed or a job seeker, Microsoft Office Specialist certification proves to employers and prospective employers that you have the necessary skills to become an essential member of their team.
Start mastering Excel, the world’s most popular and influential spreadsheet program with our Excel 2016 Essentials training course. Learn how to enter best and organise data, perform calculations with simple functions, work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of your data and cells, and build charts and PivotTables.
You will also learn how to utilise the powerful IF, VLOOKUP, and COUNTIF family of functions; the Goal Seek, Solver, and other data analysis tools; and automating tasks with macros.
Microsoft Office – online training courses and certification
LearnPac Systems provides a wide range of online Microsoft Office e-learning courses. Click on the links below to purchase these MS Office courses:
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.
Excel 2016 Essentials Training – Online Course – CPDUK Accredited – Microsoft Office Training and Certification.